I do not know how else to describe the recordings/releases/albums in this list other than to call them "other" style recordings. In the past I may have called them electro-acoustic improv recordings or more recently minimal noise like what I do with Partly Zombish. Either way it is very hard to classify the audio on these recordings. Some veer towards field recordings and while others toward music concrete but either way they are not rock, country, or glitch ala Mille Plateaux. You may be surprised to find something new and interesting, so I would highly advise that you seek some of these out and give them a listen.
(Note: This list will probably change as new recordings enter the world.)
- Takahiro Kawaguchi - "n" Released: 2009-01 Type: Album Label: Hibari Music Buy / Stream: Bandcamp, CD via ErstDist
- VA AA LR - "Newhaven" Released: 2014-11-29 Type: EP / Longform Track Label: Organized Music From Thessaloniki Buy / Stream: Bandcamp, CD via ErstDist
- Ryu Hankil - "Description For Other Things" Released: 2012-01 Type: Album Label: The Manual Buy: email Hankil, Discogs Audio: Sample of track 1 Writeup / review via Lisa Thatcher.
- Masahide Tokunaga - "Alto Saxophone 2" Released: 2015-05-10 Type: Album Label: Ftarri / Hitorri Buy: CD via Ftarri / Hitorri, CD via ErstDist, CD via Discogs
- Stephen Cornford - "Electrocardiographs of a Cathode Ray Tube" Released: 2018-06-06 Type: EP / 7" Vinyl Label: A Wave Press Buy / Stream: Bandcamp
- Takahiro Hirama - "thr eat rhy thm" Released: 2008-05 Type: Album Label: Encadre (website / Bandcamp) Buy / Stream: Youtube, CD via Encadre, CD via Discogs
- Sean Colum - "plus minus forty bpm" Released: 2018-05-21 Type: Album Label: Self-Released Note: Sadly this record is no longer available online.
- TV Pow - "Despite Ourselves" Released: 2001-12-01 Type: Album Label: Fire Inc. Buy / Stream: Bandcamp, CD via Forced Exposure
- Cosmos - "Tears" Released: 2002-08-02 Type: Album Label: Erstwhile Records Buy / Stream: Bandcamp, CD via Erstwhile Records